Our paint effect workshop is run here at Designer Creations. Have a fun and interesting day, whilst learning new paint effect techniques? This is a great way to transform pieces of furniture that need a facelift. We will show you how to use the different products and how to get the best out of them.
On the paint effects course you will have opportunity to use all the products and learn how you can use them in projects at home.
Revitalising old furniture is fun and you can achieve stylish projects you can be proud of once the course has been completed. We offer advice after the course too, so if you're stuck just call!
You don't need to have any prior experience!
The course runs from 9.30 am till 3 pm we have an hour for lunch.
There is a restaurant on the Hop Pocket site which serves hot and cold lunches however if you'd like to eat your lunch in the craft room then please feel free to bring your own.
On the paint effect course you will learn
- How to prepare your furniture
- 2 colour painting techniques using chalk paint
- 3D stenciling.
- Crackle glazes, small and large.
- Paint stenciling.
- Waxing, sealing and varnishing
- The use of coloured waxes and how it changes a projects look.
- Art medium a transfer system.
- Painting with patterned rollers.
- Gilding & wood ageing